Welcome to Decidedly Bookish! While I always love the About Me sections of blogs I follow, I never quite know what content I am truly seeking.
As Decidedly Bookish is still new and acquiring readership, I thought it might be best (read simplest lol) to do a fun 25 questions survey instead.
25 Get to Know Me Q’s
1. What is your middle name?: I technically do not have a middle name. As per my family’s southern heritage, all of us ladies have two name first names. Though “Joy” the second half of my first name is often times confused for my middle.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: History, followed closely by English.
3. What is your favorite drink?: Iced Green Tea, on occasion Tab lol
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: Hmm I have been on a pretty big Florence and the Machine kick lately, so I will go with “Seven Devils”.
5. What is your favorite food?: I never say no to Sushi, but I am also a huge fan of Mac n Cheese.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: A snowsuit that looks like a penguin for my daughter.
7. Favorite book of all time?: No good can come of this question lol. A few of my top picks: The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson, Paint it Black by Janet Finch, The Book of Lost Things – John Connelly, Black Ships – Jo Graham, The Rook – Daniel O’Malley, The Kitchen House Kathleen Grissom
8. Favorite Color?: Turquoise
9. Do you have any pets?: I have a 3 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback named Madeline Louise (note the southern two name first name)
10. Favorite Perfume?: Kate Spade “Twirl”
11. Favorite Holiday?: I am a die hard Halloween fan!
12. Are you married?: Yes, since 10.23.2015
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: Yes, first was to Spain when I was a teenager and since then a few times for Caribbean islands.
14. Do you speak any other language?: I took Spanish for years in school and while I can understand it, write it and read it, I am horrible at speaking it aloud. I took a beginner Sign Language class with my husband last year and loved it – so I would love to resume that in the future.
15. How many siblings do you have?: One and Only here.
16. What is your favorite shop?: Barnes and Noble and Amazon
17. Favorite restaurant?: A small local Italian restaurant called Verace.
18. When was the last time you cried?: Well I am currently 8 months pregnant so that has been happening with more frequency, but I believe it was a few days ago.
19. Favorite Blog?: It depends on my mood and what content I am seeking. I have a few Philly blogs I absolutely love and check daily.
20. Favorite Movie?: Inception
21. Favorite TV shows?: Criminal Minds, The Office, IZombie, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Leverage, The It Crowd, Mighty Boosh, 30 Rock, The Great British Baking Show, Dexter, Burn Notice, Raising Hope, Sherlock etc…
22. PC or Mac?: Either one.
23. What phone do you have?: Iphone 7plus
24. How tall are you?: 5’2
25. Can you cook?: Yes, I can. I get into cooking spurts where I want to make like five dishes in a row and then a week of not wanting to touch a pot or pan.
Alright – well that was my 25.